Globally and in the U.S., employers report the most shortages in the skilled trades. The skilled trade category includes technicians, engineers, sales representatives, and all other jobs associated with a skilled trade business. Within the skilled trades category, technicians rank as the third and sales representatives as the fourth most difficult job to fill.
What the Nexstar Legacy Foundation does:
- Support and grow the Troops To Trades program, serving veterans through career placement options, training grants and scholarships for careers in the trades*
- Host the Troops To Trades Business Network, helping businesses recruit technicians
- Expand and support the Explore The Trades program, recruiting the next generation of technicians*
- Support new technicians seeking experience through a step-by-step manual
- Update and provide a job board for Explore the Trades
- Fund mini-scholarships for continuing education for those in the industry, and educational scholarships for students entering the trades
- Craft recruitment materials and videos, and build relationships with communities nationwide supporting careers in the trades**
*Please link these recruiting websites to your website. Let us know if you need help.
Support our work in ending this shortage by contributing less than $3 a day or $85 a month, through our monthly giving plan.