Position Title: Fund Development Director
Date: April 8, 2015
Reports To: Executive Director
Location: Little Canada
Work Hours: Full Time (involves some travel & weekends)
Salary Range: $44,000 – $50,000
Type of Applicant We Are Seeking:
This position is perfect for an experienced fundraiser who is ready to take their career to the next level and oversee the entire operation of a fundraising department for a national organization. This position provides great growth opportunities for the individual, and a chance to be part of a dynamic workforce development program with partners across the country.
The Director of Fund Development for the Nexstar Legacy Foundation (the foundation) will work in collaboration with the Executive Director and the Board of Trustees Resource Development Chair to strategize and implement the fund development plan for the foundation.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Fund Development will be responsible for achieving revenue goals through annual giving, major gifts, the Legacy Giving Program, special events, sponsorships and partnerships.
This dynamic director position for this small non-profit is an excellent fit for an individual seeking to move their career to the next level and gain experience in all areas of fund development.
Specific responsibilities are as follows:
- Design, implement and manage all fundraising activities including annual giving, major giving, Legacy Giving and special projects.
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis and establish effective communications with them.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Assist the Board with researching potential new major donors.
- Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
- Oversee prospect research.
Donor Relations Management
- Maintain an updated and accurate donor database in eTapestry.
- Manage the donor recognition system.
- Implement a moves management system for donor relationships.
- Work with our partners to develop and run fundraising events.
- Oversee the annual auction, including solicitation of auction items.
- Manage all event activities, including registration, communication and logistics.
- Work with Executive Director to secure sponsorships.
Grant Research and Writing
- Research potential grants from foundations, corporations and governments sources.
- Work with Executive Director to develop and submit grant proposals.
- Maintain communication and reporting with granting organizations.
- Work with Executive Director to maintain relationships with corporate partners.
- Research additional prospects.
- Develop fundraising training for Trustees and other leadership volunteers.
- Provide monthly development reports.
- Participate in community outreach activities and program development.
- A minimum of 5 years fundraising experience.
- Proven experience in designing and managing development programs.
- Experience with developing and maintaining productive working relationships with board members and donors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Independent work skills and ability to build external relationships
- Ability to work as a leader and as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree in fundraising or related field desired.
- Familiarity with the trades of plumbing, HVAC and electrical a plus.
How to Apply:
If you feel you are a qualified applicant for this position and would like consideration for employment with Nexstar Legacy Foundation, the first step is to complete an online aptitude test. You can access this test at the following website: https://macgregor.applybyweb.com/. NOTE: This site is being provided by an affiliate, MacGregor Plumbing Heating and Cooling. MacGregor is collecting all applications for the foundation in Little Canada, MN; you are not applying for a job in Michigan.
After logging in to https://macgregor.applybyweb.com/, please take the online assessment for Marketing Manager. In the assessment you will be asked to attach a resume. All assessment answers are kept strictly confidential by management and the assessment will be used in determining the scheduling of an interview for the best possible candidates who are a good fit with the foundation.
You can also send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Nexstar Legacy Foundation
125 Little Canada Road W
Little Canada, MN 55117