Our mission is to recruit talented individuals for the plumbing, heating and air conditioning, and electrical industries. The roadmap is planned, and projects are underway. It’s all possible because of the support and success from the past year.
Here are some highlights:
- New Website: September marked the launch of our revised online presence, featuring new interactive content and a comprehensive library of downloadable career resources about the trades.
- $63,000 in awarded scholarships: We awarded a record amount of training grants and scholarships to students and veterans to help them begin a career in the trades.
- 175 donors. The support of members and other industry organizations make it possible for us to spread the word about careers in the trades. This past year, 82 of our own members contributed to this effort.
- Training: We’re grateful for the skills and experience exchanged by the participants in our Nexstar training courses, which disbursed over $7,500 in 37 classes.
- Changing the narrative: Our overarching theme is to change the narrative surrounding the trades, lifting our members and the industry for success. Our strategic partners understand the importance of this, too—which is why they’ve committed more than $140,000 to our outreach efforts.