Nexstar Legacy Foundation Scholarship Guidelines
Who can apply?
The intent of the Nexstar Legacy Foundation scholarship program is to bring talented individuals into, the plumbing, HVAC, and electrical industries.
What are the eligibility requirements for the scholarships?
- All scholarship recipients must be enrolled in their specified program for the duration of the academic cycle or the award must be forfeited.
- It is the intent of the organization to award scholarships to students who are pursuing their education in the trades of plumbing, HVAC and electrical. The scholarships are not intended to subsidize training for those currently employed.
- Scholarship checks will be sent to the training program or school of record listed on the application, not the recipient.
- Scholarships may not be used for Nexstar Network training courses.
When are the scholarships accepted and selected?
- Scholarship applications will be accepted from April 15, 2019 to August 1, 2019.
- A review committee will be responsible for selecting winners based on a number of factors, including academic achievement, character, leadership, financial need and commitment to advancing the industries of plumbing, HVAC and electrical.
- All applicants will be notified of their status before September 1, 2019.