Nexstar Legacy Foundation Scholarship Guidelines
Who can apply?
- The intent of the Nexstar Legacy Foundation scholarship program is to bring talent into, and enhance and train existing talent in the industries of plumbing, HVAC, and electrical.
- Troops to Trades applicants must be veterans (honorable discharged) of the United States Armed Forces, as well as active National Guard and Reserve members.
What types of scholarships are available?
- Training grants
– Candidate must be currently employed at a plumbing, heating and cooling and electrical business
– Candidates who are participating in or attending an apprenticeship or trade school program to attain a technical degree for plumbing, HVAC or electrical.
Scholarship Application Timeline
– Continuous through the year; processed every 4-6 weeks; $1,000 each
– Deadline of December 14, 2018.
- Training Grants
– Travel expenses are paid for all candidates receiving a training grant
– Continuous application through the year; deadline of December 14, 2018.
How will applications be reviewed?
Applications will be reviewed by volunteer committee members, including Nexstar member businesses, scholarship donors, Nexstar staff and strategic partners.
What are the eligibility requirements for the scholarships?
- All Troops to Trades technician grant applicants must be enrolled in their identified program for the duration of the program.
- Applicants may not receive more than one scholarship or grant within the same calendar year.
- Applicants receiving a training grant or scholarship must be currently employed at a plumbing, heating and cooling and electrical business and successfully complete the program.
- Employees of a Nexstar Network member business may not use Troops to Trades funding for Nexstar Network training courses.