You can be a Foundation Partner!
Join the foundation partner program. Support us as we work to address the shortage of technicians in our industry.
The trades are experiencing a growing shortage of technicians. Business owners have already identified the number one reason they are not able to grow is a lack of talented technicians. With the shortage growing as baby boomers retire (the average age of an electrician is 58) the decrease in growth will continue and businesses may even have to cut back on service.
This is a serious issue for our industry and it will take everyone to fix it!
By giving, you help the Nexstar Legacy Foundation address this shortage through our two programs: Troops to Trades and Explore the Trades
You also help veterans and young people find promising careers in this industry. You should give because it is critical for our industry, but also because it is the right thing to do!
A message from one of our partners
I travel all the time. I see our veterans in the airport and often talk to them. They struggle with disabilities, adjustment to civilian life and finding quality work. After having given so much, they deserve better than this! I give because I believe in the mission of Troops to Trades. I give because our industry needs to bring in quality people if we are going to thrive, and what better people to work with than our countries veterans. And I give because it is the right thing to do!
– Mark Yasumura, American Water Heaters
AO Smith and American Water Heaters give a $5,000 donor named scholarship each year and a percentage of water heater sales.
You can be a Foundation Partner!
By joining the foundation partner program, you can help support us as we work to strengthen the industry. Our main focus is to address the lack of trained technicians.
Join us as a foundation partner and ensure a strong future for the industry! View our video below to see what type of efforts you can support by joining our cause!
Recognition will include:
- Highlighted in the Foundation’s email newsletter that goes out 2 to 4 times a year.
- Email announcements.
- Recognized on the Foundation event page for sponsorships.
- Special highlight on the Foundation front page.
- Recognition and opportunities to talk at the Foundation’s events
- Highlighted in Nexstar’s At Your Service Magazine.
- Mention in press releases.
- Highlighted in other promotional pieces.
Ways you can give:
- Pledges, Grants, Donations
- Percent of Sales: partners of the foundation with products or services for sale can donate a percent of sales to the Foundation.
- Major Gift: for partners who want to give a large one-time or recurring gift to the Foundation.
- Grants and other: partners who have additional giving methods can talk with the Foundation about opportunities.
Read our Partner Program brochure to learn complete details, Click Here (Adobe Acrobat pdf format).
Donor Named Scholarships
The Nexstar Legacy Foundation Scholarship Committee has developed a new opportunity for donors to be a part of the scholarship program. Donors may give a scholarship branded with their designated name to students entering the plumbing, HVAC or electrical fields. The scholarship will be promoted throughout the industry using this designated name. The minimum commitment to be a part of this program is $5,000. Click here for more details.