"Explore The Trades Skills Lab, Built by Ferguson"
Applications Open October 1, 2023
Since 2021, over 1,100 students at 14 schools throughout the United States have started their trades education through the “Explore The Trades Skills Lab, Built by Ferguson” initiative. Both Explore The Trades and Ferguson are committed to strengthening the trades of plumbing and HVAC.
With this common goal, both organizations are focused on building a skilled workforce and introducing vital trades careers to middle and high school students in the United States and Canada.
Explore The Trades and Ferguson are pleased to open applications for equipment grants for a third year. The skilled trades are vital to the wellbeing and growth of communities and all schools are encouraged to apply to bring the plumbing and HVAC trades to their students.
Interested applicants are encouraged to read the program criteria and FAQs linked below.
- Applications will be accepted from October 1, 2023 – March 31, 2024.
- Grant funds will be allocated as follows:
- $25,000 worth of product and equipment available to those applying for a new plumbing or HVAC skills lab.
- $10,000 worth of product and equipment available to those applying to refurbish an existing plumbing or HVAC training space.
- Application may be submitted to Maddy Sorenson, Project Coordinator at Explore The Trades, at [email protected] or through the linked application below.
- For any questions about the Skills Lab initiative, please contact Kate Cinnamo, Executive Director of Explore The Trades, at [email protected] or 651-789-8518, or Maddy Sorenson, Project Coordinator at Explore The Trades, at [email protected] or 651-314-3856.
PDF Downloadable Forms:
*Please note: It is recommended to complete the application in full, as it cannot be saved and edited later.
- Bronx Design & Construction High School – Plumbing (New York)
- Carroll Co. Career & Technical Center – HVAC (Maryland)
- Franklin Co. High School – Plumbing (Virginia)
- Hastings High School – Plumbing (Michigan)
- Lyman High School – Plumbing (Florida)
- Milford Mill Academy – Plumbing (Maryland)
- Roxbury High School – Plumbing (New Jersey)
- Somerset Co. Technical High School – HVAC (Maryland)
- SVHEC Career Tech Academy – HVAC (Virginia)
- West Lincoln Middle School – Plumbing (North Carolina)
- Western School of Tech & Environmental Science – Plumbing (Maryland)
- Byron Martin Advanced Technology Center – Plumbing (Texas)
- Washburn Tech – Plumbing (Kansas)
- Haney Technical College – HVAC (Florida)
Founded in 2005, Explore The Trades is committed to bridging the technical talent gap to the plumbing, heating, cooling, and electrical service trades. The organization is focused on bringing the skilled trades conversation back into the classroom, focusing on providing industry information to educators, parents, and students in the K-12 audience.