Explore The Trades: 2021 in Review
Thank you to everyone who supported Explore The Trades in 2021!
We wouldn’t be able to do what we do without the help of our incredible donors.
Over $250,000 was raised to provide 29,000 people with resources that will help them begin their careers in the plumbing, heating, cooling, and electrical trades. Take a look at our success over the year, below!
Bridging The Technical Talent Gap
- “Passion & Partnership” Fundraising Event – With the support of our corporate sponsors and event attendees over $20,000 was raised! This event showcased three industry professionals, Geno Caccia, CEO of Caccia Plumbing, Lauren Martin, Vice President of Seaside Plumbing, and Claire Ferrara, Owner and President of Standard Heating & Air Conditioning. The three panelists discussed the importance of growing the future workforce in the trades and how they achieve this in their own businesses.
- Explore The Trades Skills Lab, Built by Ferguson – This pilot grant program was launched in 2021 to build trades classrooms in high schools across the country. Ferguson Enterprises generously invested $300,000 worth of product and equipment to make this program come to life, and we are excited to see the culmination of this effort in April of 2022 when recipients are announced.
By the Numbers
- Record Website Traffic – A record number of people have accessed the resources provided on the Explore The Trades website! In total over 140,000 people have traveled to our website, which is an increase of 13% from last year.
- Quiz – Over 8,000 people took our quiz to find out which trade is right for them.
- Videos – Over 13,000 viewed our video resources.
- FREE Poster Kits – Explore The Trades debuted FREE poster kits specially designed for teachers and career counselors in North America. A total of 599 kits were sent, which gave students the chance to learn about these amazing careers in the plumbing, HVAC and electrical industries. Check out the map below to see where our poster kits have landed!
NEW for 2021 – Poster Kits to School Districts! – Explore The Trades debuted FREE poster kits specially designed for teachers and career counselors in North America. A total of 599 kits were sent, which gave approximately 6,000 students the chance to learn about these amazing careers in the plumbing, HVAC and electrical industries.
Check out the map below to see where our poster kits have landed.
(Is your school on the map? If not, request your FREE poster kit today!)