Trades Talk – May 2022
At Explore The Trades, we’re passionate about plumbing, heating, cooling and electrical.
Careers in these trades are some of the best in the world and our focus is to bridge the technical talent gap to these essential industries.
In This Issue:
· Explore The Trades Skills Lab Recipients
· Favorable Trends for the Trades
· Explore The Trades Golf Tournament
Explore The Trades Skills Lab Recipients
Congratulations to the recipients of the Explore The Trades Skills Lab, Built by Ferguson!
We’re thrilled to announce the recipients of the Explore The Trades Skills Lab program! Each of the partnerships below will be outfitted with a brand-new plumbing or HVAC skills lab at their local school to build the next generation of skilled trades in their community.
- Rite Way Heating, Cooling and Plumbing partnering with the Pima JTED Career and Technical Education Program in Tucson, AZ – HVAC Lab
- Armstrong Mechanical partnering with Byron Martin Advanced Technology Center in Lubbock, TX – Plumbing Lab
- Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air partnering with Washburn Tech in Topeka, KS – Plumbing Lab
- Peaden Air Conditioning, Plumbing & Electrical partnering with Tom P. Haney Technical College in Panama City, FL – HVAC Lab
Favorable trends for the trades
A number of economic, demographic and social trends are aligning to boost demand for trade work.
Because of the Covid-19 pandemic, more people are working from home and doing more home-improvement projects. Homeowners are willing to pay more for luxuries like heated floors, solar panels, or high-end appliances now that they’re spending more time in their homes.
Check out the blog post below to learn more.
Explore The Trades Golf Fundraiser
Join Explore The Trades in beautiful Coeur d’Alene, Idaho on May 27th for our golf fundraiser hosted by Mainstream Electric, Heating, Cooling and Plumbing.
All proceeds from this event will go to support Explore The Trades and help to bridge the technical talent gap to the service trades of plumbing, heating, cooling and electrical.
A special thank you to our current sponsors shown below.
Register or become a sponsor at the link below!
Explore The Trades has earned the Guidestar Silver Transparency Seal for 2021 and is a registered 501(c)(3) not-for-profit charity; EIN 20-3547319.